Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Everybody

Everybody's got their passion
Everybody's got a disease
Everyone knows what they're doin' here
Everyone but me
I ain't the one fallin' in love
With video-game arcades
I won't walk down the street
Beggin' for money like a slave
Is my reason too big to get yet?
Am I really living in vain?
I can't stand the way you're living
But I love you just the same
A woman lives on the street
Claims she's got a job to do
I let her sing her soul and
Share a poem, damn she's
Good at what she do
But she measures her passion in money
I sure as hell ain't gonna give her dat
When she gives me this:
A lover I knew died today
She left me far behind
But the dead are not lonely
When we all change our minds
We leave pieces of ourselves behind
In broken cracks along the road
Trying to hold yourself together will
Get you left alone
Everybody's got a dream to live
Whether they obey it or not
We are here, one life, that's it
No time to feel alone.
She guesses my thoughts:
Is feeling useless?
Or to miss the F-word?
Friend.
She points to people sitin' at the bar acting
To know the meaning of such a thing
We all got shit goin on
I mean the S-word.
Sex.
Now that I've got your attention
I'll say it comes and goes with passion.
P-words. I can name a few
Smile lady this ones for you
Get on the mic and accomplish your dream
It's what you were destined to do
It's too late to change mine in time for
A dreamers destination
I watch as they catch what she leaves in the cracks
By wearing a soul on her sleeves
But who picks up the slack when
Dreams don’t make math?
I’m counting on wrinkle release
A cat has nine lives
Better try and get it right
Or face forever’s last night
N-word.
NOT NICE.
Did you find your passion yet?
Lemme check my back pocket.
Oh there’s that P-word again.
Peace.
Can we make it?
Stop—
Disappearing.
Check it.

No comments:

Post a Comment