Thursday, September 17, 2009

Morning Walk

9/17/09
I took myself on a walk this morning. 
The sights I was seeking to see. 
Such tragedy lies in living someplace not knowing what surrounds thee. 
What joy I found, caressing the ground, allowing my feet to lead the way. 
The journey was long, but rather quite short in measure of inspirations today. 
The silence I found inside (safe and sound) through allowance of body to stray. 
Not far away lands, but backyard pastures that remained undiscovered this day. 
Have learn-ed me this: 
Life is a place between other states and I'm not talking about U.S of A. 
Together is bigger than us, you or me and we can change this world someday.
I'm talking about drive, the kind found inside, inspiring my writing today. 
__________________________________
I took myself on a walk today and beauty was all I could find
I don't own this city
To leave ain't a pity
But the journey has been on my mind
I'll never forget the things you have taught me through your art, dirt and crime
H to the Wood
I left when I could
But you can send me a postcard sometime
I'll remember you dearly believe it or not, but staying is just not an option
There's more to this life
Than Hollywood strife
But thank you for all of the passion

No comments:

Post a Comment